Asan Medical Center (AMC) is one of the Research-driven Hospitals in Korea, designated by the ministry of Health and Welfare in 2013. AMC is the largest academic medical center in Korea with top-quality medical care and is also making significant R&D investments over the years. The Asan Institute for Life Sciences (AILS) is a global bio-cluster which enables the one-stop system for basic, translational and clinical researches from bench to bedside. AILS also serves as an R&D platform which links between the academia and industry, and is actively working with local and global collaborators including 12 bio-venture companies on campus.
- Asna Medical Center
- Asan Institute for Life Sciences
- Office for R&D Commercialization
- Office for Scientific Planning & Coordination
- Bio-Medical Research Center
- Clinical Research Center
- Biomedical Engineering R&D Center
- Dept. of Convergence Medicine
- Bio Resource Cente
- Human Research Protection Center
Equipped with cutting-edge technologies, Core Labs provide analysis and research support for the investigators and collaborators.
Center for Bio-imaging of New Drug Development
C-BiND provides one-stop full bio-imaging services for new drug development throughout the pre-clinical and clinical stages. With its cutting-edge equipment including 9.41 MRI, micro PET/MR, micro CT, Ultrasound, Optical Imaging and Cellular Imaging, the C-BiND provides efficacy and toxicology evaluation in the preclinical stage, imaging-based biodistribution, PK/PD, clinical trials imaging support, and comprehensive consultation.
Bio Resource Center
Bio Resource Center collects and storages vast amount of bio-materials including: cancer tissues & corresponding normal tissues and blood, antibiotics-resistant microorganisms, and bone marrow cells, etc. (total number of patients : 44,851, total number of vials : 343,070, as of July 2014)
Global Center of Excellence in Clinical Trials
- Our focus : accelerated “Proof of Concept” trials
- High volume center : the highest patient volume in Korea
- Outstanding platform technology & Infrastructure
- - Vast amount of clinical information & specimens in Bio Resource Center
- - Asan BiomedicaL research Environment(ABLE): CRDW system providing research data extracted from hospital EMR, with full protection of patient privacy
- - Integrative CTMS and e-IRB system for top efficiency
- - Advanced technology in radiopharmaceuticals
- Qualified and experienced global investigators in various disease areas
- Highly qualified staffs dedicated to clinical trials
- Quality clinical trials : audits & inspections from global companies and regulatory authorities and active voluntary internal audit
Preclinical and eaRly clInical Support prograM : PRISM
PRISM provides strategic consultations to pharmaceutical companies and venture companies on new drug development throughout the preclinical and early clinical development stages via the “One-stop” service. PRISM’s advisory committee comprises of experts in toxicological pathology, clinical pharmacology, and other clinical specialties.
Institute for Innovative Cancer Research
As the first-designated hospital in Korea as the government’s research partner, IICR is currently developing personalized medicine with major focus on molecular targeted anti-cancer agent, nano-drug delivery system, and cancer biomarkers, collaborating with 8 domestic pharmaceutical companies.
Center for Development and Commercialization of Anti-cancer Therapeutics
Center for Development and Commercialization of Anti-cancer TherapeuticsCDCAT provides R&D services to industry partners to evaluate efficacy of anti-cancer drug candidates. Pre-clinical services include: assays utilizing patient-derived specimens, animal imaging, toxicity, biomarker analysis, pharmacokinetics as well as conventional animal cancer models.
Asan Center for Cancer Genome Discovery
CCGD has developed patient-derived primary cultured cell lines and xenografts, and is also performing molecular profiling on patients and patient-derived tissues with genomic
(as of Aug. 2014)
|Clinical Research Investigator (MD)||578|
|Basic Research Investigator (PhD)||137|