Joint Commission International [JCI]
JCI accreditation and certification is granted to healthcare organizations that meet the highest international standards. JCI standards were developed by international healthcare experts and serve as an international quality measurement system for benchmarking healthcare organizations in the international community.
As of October 2011, 24 Korean hospitals nationwide were accredited by JCI. The map below highlights 15 of these Korean hospitals in Seoul, Incheon, Daejeon, Jeonnam, Gumi and Busan.
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- JCI accreditation: 24 hospitals nationwide (as of October 2011)
- Severance Hospital
- Korea University Hospital
- Gangnam Severance Hospital
- Seoul St. Many's Hospital
- Seoul Wooridul Hospital
- Gangnam Ye Dental Hospital
- Seoul Balgeunsesang Eye Hospital
- Songpa Ye Dental Hospital
- Inha University Hospital
- Gachon University Gil Hospital Brain Health Center
- Gumi Ye dental Hospital
- Daejeon Ye Dental Hospital
- Hwasoon Jeonnam University Hospital
- Yangsan Busan Universty Hospital
- Busan Balgeunsesang Eye Hospital
International Society for Quality in Health Care [ISQua]
Korea Institute for Healthcare Accreditation (KOIHA) has also established an accreditation program in 2010 for the improvement of medical quality and patient safety of Korean healthcare organizations. This program has been accredited by ISQua.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, ISQua is the only international program that "Accredits the Accreditors". It is a non-profit, independent organization managed by a Board. Board members are healthcare professionals from North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific regions.
Korean hospitals' standards meet the highest international standards and are continuously improved.